If 2015 was the year of the broken leg and 2016 was the year of the “I-Hate-Us”, then 2017 is probably the year of surprises.
It all began back in February when people in the South West began to receive mysterious Foo Fighters branded boarding passes through the post. A week later, all was revealed at a secret show in Frome when the band announced their return to Glastonbury following 2015’s cancellation. In a letter after the show, Dave promised that there would be many more surprises throughout the year.
So far, these surprises have included:
- Summer festival dates.
- The online photobooth that was used to announce that the band is playing a series of shows in Asia.
- “The Sky Is A Neighbourhood” debuted at the Acoustic-4-A-Cure show.
- “Run” released.
- Foo Fighters announced to be the opening act for The Anthem in Washington DC.
- “La Dee Da” debuted at Secret Solstice Festival in Iceland (“Run” had its live debut and “The Sky Is A Neighbourhood” had its full band debut here).
- New album, “Concrete and Gold” is announced and is set for release on 15th September.
- “Sunday Rain” is debuted at Riga, Latvia.
- US tour dates are announced.
- CalJam is announced.
- London O2 show is announced.
Only time will tell if there are more surprises to come. If anything’s been missed off this list, please drop a note in to the comments and it’ll be added.